Simulation Education Certificate
Apply Online Today!
Currently Accepting Applications
Admission Requirements: Baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution in a healthcare related field
Interested in the Simulation Education Certificate? To learn more about this exciting opportunity, call 402-481-8863
Simulation in Healthcare
Over the decades, simulation has been utilized in healthcare as a teaching strategy for participants to apply knowledge and skills in an environment that replicates ‘real life’ situations.
Today, simulation is expanding beyond the classroom. Simulation is utilized in hospitals, clinics, and businesses to improve learning and patient care outcomes.
Why Choose Bryan College of Health Sciences
- Three completely online courses with three hours of academic credit for each course
- 10-week format that avoids the busiest times in academic schedules
Course content applicable for academia, research, and clinical practice
Integrates the International Nursing Association for Clinical Simulation & Learning (INACSL) Standards of Best Practice: SimulationSM into courses
- Small classes (limited to 15 annually)
- International students are eligible to participate in the certificate program. Eligibility is determined on an individual basis. If you are interested in applying, please contact Admissions.
Course Descriptions and Learning Objectives
We are one of only a few programs in the United States to offer a Simulation Education Graduate Certificate program with academic credit earned. This certificate program is taught by leaders in simulation teaching and learning.
Setting the Stage for Simulation
This three-credit hour course is the first in the series of three on-line courses necessary to complete the Simulation Education Graduate Certificate program. The course is designed to provide the essential components of simulation as a teaching strategy for educators in academic and clinical environments. Components include types of simulation, components of a simulation scenario, simulation environment, integration of evidence-based practice, and evaluation strategies.
Using Simulation to Facilitate Learning
This three-credit course is designed to provide a mixture of didactic and hands-on learning opportunities for the simulation educator, with the focus on the role of the educator as facilitator in an academic environment or clinical practice setting. Concepts include developing objectives, curriculum integration strategies, fidelity, design and management of the simulated clinical experience, interdisciplinary team training, debriefing, research, and evaluation.
Simulation Education Capstone
This three-credit course encourages the learner to explore deeper understanding of current issues and trends in simulation education, develop a project or research study designed to address an identified issue, and to further apply concepts and skills learned throughout the certificate program. The course culminates with a contribution to the body of knowledge for patient simulation.
Upon completion of the program the graduate will be able to:
- Integrate the theories, concepts and skills of patient simulation education within any academic or healthcare setting
- Facilitate patient simulation activities according to established principles and guidelines of currently identified best practice
- Increase scholarship and/or leadership skills in the area of simulation education
- Analyze the impact of patient simulation use on outcomes of student learning and/or patient care outcomes
Simulation Education Certificate Handout
Applications are evaluated based on the review of the following materials:
- Baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution in a healthcare related field
- Cumulative GPA of a 3.0 on a 4.0 scale for baccalaureate or graduate coursework preferred
- Two years of simulation experience, preferred
- Applicants for whom English is a learned language may be asked to take the TOEFL English proficiency exam and score 550 paper-based or 213 computer based or better
Ready to Apply?
To be considered for admission, the Admissions Office must receive the following items:
- Completed application
- Official College/University Transcript(s) from the location of highest degree attained. For graduates of Bryan College of Health Sciences or Bryan School of Nursing, your signature on the application form implies consent for the Registrar at Bryan College of Health Sciences to forward an official copy of your undergraduate transcript to the Admissions Office
- A brief explanation of your goals for the Simulation Education Certificate program, your current position and your previous experience with simulation. Not to exceed two pages, double-spaced
- Application Deadline: July 15th Apply Now