Bachelor of Science in Health Professions, Healthcare Studies
Are you thinking Public Health, Pre-Social Work, Medical Laboratory Science or unsure of what you want to major in, but love healthcare? The Bachelor of Science degree in Health Professions, Healthcare Studies is a program for students who are interested in exploring various aspects of health professions. You may have heard of starting college as "undecided." Healthcare Studies is this option for you at Bryan. Through this program, you will gain skills in critical thinking, communication and basic ethics specific to various health professions.
Concentration combination in areas such as public health, healthcare management and social sciences among others allow you to pursue areas of personal and professional interest while focusing on topics of importance in the growing healthcare industry.
Why Choose Bryan College of Health Sciences
- Choose a unique concentration combination that fits your areas of interest
- Partnerships with local colleges and universities for preferred acceptance into Master of Social Work and Master of Public Health
- Earn a degree in Healthcare Studies from Bryan and Medical Laboratory Science degree from UNMC all in 4 years!
- Prepare for entry-level positions in a variety of health professions settings, health care management, laboratory services, public health and medical sales
- Unique final project allows you to apply what you have learned in a job setting
- Gain a broad range of knowledge and skills, enhancing your opportunities for pursuing an advanced degree in a chosen health profession
- Select classes that easily transfer into Biomedical Sciences, Nursing, or Sonography
- Take healthcare focused classes in a healthcare environment