Medical Laboratory Science Track
If you’re looking for a fascinating and rewarding career and want to work in places such as a hospital, clinic or research lab, the medical laboratory science (MLS) program might be for you. Earning a MLS degree alongside a healthcare studies or biomedical sciences degree provides a wide range of high-demand career opportunities.
Earn your MLS and a second healthcare focused degree from Bryan College of Health Sciences and UNMC
Bryan College of Health Sciences in partnership with the University of Nebraska Medical Center (UNMC) is offering a unique opportunity for you to earn two degrees in four years!
- Apply: Enter either the Biomedical Sciences program or Healthcare Studies programs at Bryan
- Year 1-3: Spend three years at Bryan and become eligible to apply to the MLS program at UNMC. Students must be admitted to UNMC to continue on to year 4 in Omaha for the Medical Laboratory Science coursework.
- Year 4: Complete the MLS degree requirements in Omaha at UNMC
- Graduate in four years with two degrees!
What can I expect while earning my MLS and Biomed or Healthcare Studies degrees?
These programs provide patient-centered educational opportunities, with learning practices in:
- Chemistry and Urinalysis
- Immunohematology (blood bank)
- Molecular diagnostics
- Laboratory management and administration
You’ll learn laboratory principles and procedures, clinical significance and application, principles and practice of quality assurance, principles of laboratory management and supervision, safety, instructional methods and computer applications.
Bryan has partnerships to allow you to obtain your hands-on experience at one of our many clinical affiliate sites.
What makes the Bryan and UNMC MLS program different from others?
- Small class sizes
- Hands-on learning in lab
- Multiple affiliate clinical lab sites to choose from
- High-demand for clinical laboratory scientists with job offers before graduation
- Management opportunities for many within two years
- 100% national certification pass rate for the past five years
- Financial aid available