Adult Cardiac and Vascular Sonography
We are the only dual major in Cardiac and Vascular Sonography in the state! Adult Cardiac Sonography focuses on the function of the heart. You as a student will learn how to create echocardiograms or ultrasound images of a patient's heart. You will learn how to use medical technology in a way that helps physicians detect a variety of heart conditions and help patients gain knowledge, comfort and peace of mind.
Vascular Sonography is creating ultrasound images of blood circulation in the legs, arms, head and neck. You, as a student, will use ultrasound to aid in diagnosing vascular disorders-including stroke. Working in cooperation with physicians in direct patient care environments, graduates become skilled at detecting and addressing peripheral vascular disease and venous abnormalities.
Adult Cardiac and Vascular Sonography is creating sonographic images of:
The Adult Cardiac and Vascular Sonography program at Bryan provides:
- 4 year dual major program
- 43 hours of General Education courses
- 93 semester hours in Adult Cardiac and Vascular Sonography dual major
- 2205 clinical hours are completed for graduation
- Students have access to three skills lab and practice using a variety of machines
- Graduates meet requirements by the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS)
View the curriculum plan for the Adult Cardiac and Vascular Sonography program.