Sonography Admission Information
Your admission to the Bryan College of Health Sciences School of Healthcare Studies is based upon the same philosophy that is used when teaching and preparing our students: we seek out and foster excellence. You are also expected to meet specific academic requirements and show basic technical competencies.
Applications are reviewed based on the following materials:
- Cumulative High School GPA of a 2.75 on a 4.0 scale, from an accredited high school or GED for those out of high school two years or less
- Cumulative GPA of a 2.75 on a 4.0 scale for high school Math/Science for those out of high school two years or less
- Recommend ACT composite score of 21 and above or SAT total of 1500 and above. (Test scores reviewed for two years after completion of high school)
- Cumulative College GPA and Math/Science of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale, if applicable
Applicants for whom English is a learned language must take the TOEFL English proficiency exam and score 550 PBT, or 79 iBT or better. TOEFL scores are valid from two years of the test date. If a student applies prior to the score expiration, the scores will be accepted
Exemptions for the English proficiency requirement are granted for non-native speakers who have received a high school diploma or more advanced degree either from an accredited U.S. institution or from an institution outside the U.S. at which English is the official language of instruction
- International Students should contact the Admissions Office for additional information and forms
Basic Technical Requirements
- Utilize perceptual skills when providing care and services for clients in all types of settings
- Safely use essential equipment when providing client care and services in all required settings
- Move independently when providing care and services for clients
Prior to beginning clinical, students must complete:
American Heart Association or Red Cross CPR for the Healthcare Provider.
The deadline for the Bachelor of Sonography application is:
- Fall start only: January 15
Apply Online Now
How to Apply
- Complete your online application
High School: Have your high school or district office provide your official high school transcript and grading scale
College: If you attended a college or university, have your school send your official transcripts. Course descriptions may be requested
- Provide your ACT or SAT scores if applicable (writing scores are not required for ACT/SAT)
If qualified, you may be offered an in-person interview once all application materials are received.
Questions? Want to Learn More?
Fill out the short form below and we'll get in touch!