I was a middle school teacher, a human resources administrator, and Associate Superintendent for Instruction for Lincoln Public Schools, for a total of 40 years in K-12 education. Following four years as President of BCHS, I joined the graduate nursing faculty as an adjunct member.
Professional Service and Recognition:
- Member and chair (one year) of AICUN, Association of Independent Colleges and Universities in Nebraska;
- Member and chair of Nebraska Accreditaiton Committee;
- Outstanding Alumnus Award from the UNL College of Education and Human Sciences Alumni Organization;
- INSPIRE Award from the Lincoln JournalStar;
- Honorary Doctorate in Humane Letters from Nebraska Wesleyan University