Renee Hathaway, PhD, RVT
- Doctorate of educational psychology (cognition, learning, and development), University of Nebraska-Lincoln
- Master of education, Doane College
- BS in biology, University of South Dakota
- Associates in applied sciences in vascular ultrasound technology, Southeast Technical Institute
Hathaway, R.B. (2018). A mixed methods study exploring the relationship of cognitive and motivational factors to sonography student performance.
Doctoral Research Conducted:
Hathaway, R.B. (2015). Uncovering the thought processes and evaluating the psychomotor abilities of novices while performing sonographic procedures: A mixed methods study
Hathaway, R.B. (2013). Mind and fine motor control: The thought process of students while performing sonographic procedures
Hathaway, R.B. (2013). Mind and fine motor control: The thought process of students while performing sonographic procedures: A pilot study
Hathaway, R.B. (2007). Allied health sonography educators' attitudes regarding the need for psychomotor skill testing in sonography education programs: A survey study
I began my cardiovascular career in 2003 as an electrocardiogram (EKG) technician while working on my vascular sonography clinical rotation requirements for my Associates degree in cardiovascular sonography. Shortly after beginning as an EKG technician, I also trained and worked as a holter monitor technician, cardiac stress test technician, and after graduation, a vascular sonographer. I began my teaching career in December of 2004 teaching a variety of courses for the cardiovascular sonography Bachelors program. I am also the Program Director for the cardiovascular technology sonography program.
Professional Service and Recognition:
- 2007 SDMS Educational Foundation Graduate Research Award
- Wayne and Nancy Hester Scholarship
- Journal of Diagnostic Medical Sonography Manuscript Reviewer