- Ed.D, Doctoral Program Bryan College of Health Sciences, Expected Graduation 2020.
- MS, Nurse Anesthesia, Mount Marty College
- BS, Health Care Management
- ASN, College of Saint Mary's
I entered the health care profession as a phlebotomist when I was 18 years old at Bergan Mercy Hospital in Omaha. I knew at once I had found my professional calling. My first nursing position was on a mother/baby unit and then in a progressive care unit at Bergan Mercy. I then decided I wanted to work in an Emergency/Trauma environment and obtained a nursing job at St. Joe's in Omaha. I was the weekend evening charge nurse working Friday, Saturday, and Sunday nights noon to midnight just prior to applying for and being accepted to anesthesia school. After anesthesia school I worked for the UNMC (now Nebraska Medicine) I enjoyed this position very much as I was able to learn a great deal and take care of such amazing patients. I worked there over a decade, up until January of 2016 when I moved into education. I am pleased with my career change and enjoy teaching very much.
Professional Service and Recognition:
- Reviewer for The International Student Journal of Nurse Anesthesia
- Past President of the Nebraska Association of Nurse Anesthetists
- Guest Speaker at 2016 NANA Fall Meeting on Scope of Practice
- Served on UNMC Department of Anesthesia CRNA Leadership Committee
- Served on UNMC APRN Clinical Ladder Development Committee
- Serves on Faculty Senate Serves on SONA Faculty Senate
- Serves on Graduate Studies Committee