- PhD, Educational Administration, University of Nebraska-Lincoln
- MS, Nurse Anesthesia, Bryan Memorial/University of Kansas
- BSN, UNMC
- ADN, UNMC
My first nursing position was at my home town hospital, Valley County Medical Center in Ord NE. Following my BSN I worked at Kit Carson County Hospital in Burlington, CO and then went to the Surgical ICU at the University of Texas Medical Branch in Galveston, TX. I worked in the Adult ICU at UNMC until I decided to return to school to become a CRNA. I was a 'travel nurse' for 6 months before starting the Bryan Memorial/KU nurse anesthesia program. My clinical CRNA career started at Creighton University for a year, and then 10 years at Bryan Medical Center. I became Assistant Program Director of the Bryan nurse anesthesia program in 2001 and earned a PhD in Educational Administration through UNL in 2006. While Assistant Program Director I taught a variety of courses in the curriculum including the Basic Principles courses. In 2011, I became the Program Director/Dean of the program and am pleased to continue to teach the beginning Basic Principles courses.
Notable publications authored/co-author:
1) Presented thesis-“A study of Nurse Anesthesia Manpower in Nebraska” at the AANA Annual Meeting, August, 1992.
2) Loseke, SK (1992). “A Study of Nurse Anesthesia Manpower in Nebraska”, AANA Journal, 60, 353, (From Research in Action abstracts presented at the 1992 AANA Annual Meeting in Denver, CO. AANA Journal, 60, 349-361.
3) Hadenfeldt, SL, Heilman, ML, & Unruh, FJ (2006). “Career Path of Registered Nurses who Enter Schools of Nurse Anesthesia”, AANA Journal, 74, 463.
4) Hadenfeldt, SL (2007). “A historical study of nurse anesthesia education in Nebraska”, AANA Journal, 75, 384.
5) Hadenfeldt, SL (2013). History of nurse anesthesia education; The Nebraska experience as a case study. Saarbrucken, Germany: Scholars’ Press.
6) Poster presentation “Career Path of Registered Nurses who Enter Schools of Nurse Anesthesia” at the Assembly of School Faculty of the American Association of Nurse Anesthetists in February, 2006, Newport Beach, CA; and 2006 Annual Meeting of the American Association of Nurse Anesthetists, August 2006, Cleveland, OH.
7) Presented “Anesthesia Training in the Basic Nursing Program Curriculum, 1915-1930” to the American Association for the History of Nursing, 2006 Annual Meeting, Rochester, MN, September 2006.
8) Poster presentation “A Historical Study of Nurse Anesthesia Education in Nebraska” at the AANA Foundation State of the Science General Poster Session, 74th AANA Annual Meeting, Denver, CO, August 4-8, 2007.
9) Poster presentation “Sister Marie S. Anderson, Deaconess and Anesthetist” to the American Association for the History of Nursing, 26th Annual Conference, Saint Paul, MN, September 2009.
Professional Service and Recognition:
- Sigma Theta Tau member
- Nebraska Association of Nurse Anesthetists, Board of Directors, Secretary/Treasurer
- American Association of Nurse Anesthetists member
- Reviewer for Journal of PeriAnesthesia Nursing
- Reviewer for International Student Journal of Nurse Anesthesia
- CPC Item Writing Committee of the National Board for Certification & Recertification of Nurse Anesthetists member