Katie Sladky, EdD, RN
- EdD with emphasis in nursing education, Bryan College of Health Sciences
- MSN, Bryan College of Health Sciences
- BSN, BryanLGH College of Health Sciences
As a nurse, I primarily worked in the rural hospital setting where I gained experience in acute care, emergency nursing and obstetrics (among many other areas). I also have experience as a clinic nurse in family practice and cardiology. I started my career in nursing education in 2012 and have taught pharmacology, medical/surgical nursing, health assessment, and issues & trends in professional nursing.
Notable publications authored/co-author:
MSN Capstone Project and Poster & Podium Presentations at Methodist Research Day: "Assessing Student Preparedness in a Flipped Classroom"
Professional Service and Recognition:
- Nursing Admission, Progression, and Graduation Committee (member & secretary)
- Bryan College of Health Sciences Alumni Board
- Nebraska Action Coalition (NAC) Practice Committee
- Sigma Theta Tau International Nursing Society