Welcome to the Bryan College of Health Sciences Library
We are pleased to welcome you to the Bryan College of Health Sciences and we look forward to being part of your educational journey.
As you prepare to get started at the College, we would encourage you become familiar with the resources and services of the Bryan College Library. Information literacy is taken very seriously within all programs in the College, so you’ll be using us a lot! Since your faculty might expect you to use library books, journal articles or eReserves before you’ve had an official Library orientation, take a few minutes to orient yourself to the Library homepage so that you will know how to get to the resources you need.
- Most Library resources are available for off-campus access (all except for our old-fashioned books!). You will be issued a Bryan network login; this is the magical password that will get you into subscription-based resources (e-books, article databases, full-text journals) from home or when you are using a laptop on campus.
- Shortly before the start of your first semester you will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org
- This email will come only to your College email (so you will need to check that email from the College webpage / Current students / Student email link)
- The email will contain a link that will take you to where you will get your login and establish a password.
- The login is in the form of your three initials three numbers and a password (e.g. abc001 / password).
- The Ezproxy window:
- An Ezproxy Library Access screen (see below) will display when you open most Library resources from off-campus. The network login is what you put in to open the resource
- The Library homepage is located at: http://library.bryanhealthcollege.edu/main. Bookmark us for easy access! You can also get to the Library through links on the College webpage and through every course page in the Canvas learning management system.
The Library Webpage (http://library.bryanhealthcollege.edu/main)
- The Library’s webpage has a search tool called Bryan Fusion that allows you to search most all of the Library’s resources simultaneously through a single search box. It works a lot like a Google search box: you put in your search terms and the results will be from both our book and journal collections. So, when you are starting your research and you don’t know if you need a book or a journal article, just enter your search terms in the search box and you’re on your way!
- Your network login will be required to search Bryan Fusion when you are off-campus or on a personal laptop within the College
- Tutorials to teach you how to do the best searches and how to use the search results are available through the Library homepage / Research & Tools / Tutorials & Guides link.
- Books (both print and eBooks):
- The Library’s online catalog is available through both the Fusion search and also through the Research & Tools box
- Your network login will be required to open e-books
- Print books in our collection may be checked out for 3 weeks
- Some faculty have required course readings that are loaded through the Library’s E-Reserves system
- Most faculty have eReserves linked through the course Canvas page, or you can open them through the Library homepage / Research & Tools / eReserves link
- E-Reserves articles are available for you to read from off-campus, available 24x7
- Your network login will be required to open E-Reserves
- Library hours are always posted on the Library homepage.
Welcome aboard! We look forward to working with you at the College.
Heather St. Clair, MLIS
Director of Library Services
Andrea L. Dinkelman, Pharm.D., MS
Lead Reference & Instruction Librarian
Terri Raburn, MLIS
Access Services Librarian