CARES Act Funding Information
December 31, 2020
Bryan College of Health Sciences (BCHS) signed and returned to the Department the Certification and Agreement and has used more than 50 percent of the funds received under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act to provide Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students.
BCHS has applied for and received funds through the Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security (CARES) Act. To date, BCHS has received $484,417.
- The Financial Aid Department identified 597 students who meet the following eligibility requirements: Enrolled in a degree-seeking, face-to-face program at BCHS for the Spring 2020 Semester on and subsequent to March 13, 2020.
- Meeting Satisfactory Academic Progress.
- Submitted a verified FAFSA for the 2019-20 school year.
- Have incurred eligible expenses as a result of a disruption of BCHS’s campus operations due to COVID-19. To receive funds, students must opt in stating that they need access to these funds. Students, please find the email that was sent on May 11, 2020 with instructions on how to opt in for these CARES grant dollars.
To date, we have distributed $252,782 to 450 students.
The following methods were used to determine the CARES Grants to Students.
- A $255 grant was established to offset any increase in food expenses. During our disruption in campus operations, students had less access to the campus cafeteria and the Blue Healer Food Bin.
- An additional technology grant of $300-500 is granted to students to support digital connectivity for low income students. Student’s FAFSA data was used to prioritize students of need based on their Expected Family Contribution (EFC):
- Students with an EFC of 0-10,000 will receive a $500 technology grant
- Students with an EFC of 10,001-15,000 will receive a $300 technology grant
If students faced additional financial hardships due to COVID-19 and the disruption of BCHS’s campus operations, we encourage students to reach out to the Financial Aid Department. The Financial Aid Office has an application for students to request funds for unusual circumstances as a result of a disruption of BCHS’s campus due to COVID-19. These requests will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis to determine qualification.
View the Quarterly Budget and Expenditure Reporting under CARES Act Sections 18004(a)(1) Institutional Portion, 18004(a)(2), and 18004(a)(3):