Welcome to the Bryan Writing Center
The Writing Center at Bryan College of Health Sciences provides writing support for all students, faculty, and staff at the college—and to the entire Bryan Health community. Writing Center consultants work from writers’ goals to provide feedback, present options, and connect writers with the resources they need. Like many writing centers around the world, it is our goal to produce better writers, not just better papers.
Services for Students, Faculty and Staff
- one-to-one consulting for writers, in-person when safe and available, from Room 218 on East Campus
- online consulting, "live" with audio and/or video with a consulting
- online consulting, remotely, with feedback left in documents
- class visits (to schedule, email firstname.lastname@example.org)
- special workshops, events, and webinars throughout the year
Keys to Success:
- We seek to be accessible, providing several options for meeting with consultants and offering feedback
- We can help at any stage of the writing process, from an idea in your mind to a complete draft
- We can support many aspects of writing, including organization, argumentation, research, formatting, and (of course!) grammar and punctuation
- We can help you navigate the sticky particulars of APA style
- We work with any type of writing, from term papers to cover letters to creative writing
What we will not do:
- We won't make fun of your writing. All writers are growing writers.
- We won't guarantee a good grade. We are focused on skills-based, goal-oriented growth.
- We won't make changes "for" you: it is your writing, and all final decisions are up to you.
Visiting the Writing Center:
- Scheduled appointments take precedent; "drop-ins" are welcome when available
- Bring a hard copy of or share digital access to your writing
- Share any directions or requirements, if you're working on an assignment
- Bring in your questions, an open mind: we're here to serve you!